Savory Eggplant PieL'Antro dell'Alchimista
This Savory Eggplant Pie recipe is only 590 calories! Can you believe it? This particular recipe is loaded with tomatoes and ham to call out those traditional Italian flavors. If you have never had Savory Eggplant Pie, you have to try it today! It is delicious and full of so many flavors. Plus it is the perfect party appetizer if made in a smaller serving size. This recipe can be prepared so many ways and so many styles. Try it yourself!
- 500 grams eggplant
- 250 grams tomato purée
- 5 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 80 grams grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 50 milliliters milk
- 2 mozzarella cheese (balls, cut into cubes)
- 100 grams ham (cut into strips)
- basil (Chopped)
- extra-virgin olive oil
- ground black pepper
- 1Preheat the oven to 180C.
- 2Wash the eggplants, cut them into cubes, place them in a bowl and cover them with salted water for 15 minutes, changing the water a few times.
- 3Beat the eggs with the grated cheese and the milk using a fork, then add the breadcrumbs, the chopped basil, the mozzarella, the ham, the eggplant cubes, and 3 tablespoons of oil.
- 4Season with salt and black pepper.
- 5Place the mixture in a baking pan lined with wax paper which has been wet and wrung out well.
- 6Bake for approximately 40 minutes or until the surface has become golden.
- 7Place the baking pan under the broiler for approximately 5 to 10 minutes.
- 8Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.
PER SERVING *
|Calories590Calories from Fat340|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat340|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.