Savory Corn Tart with Poblano Chili SauceLa Cocina Mexicana de Pily
Warm and spicy, this recipe for Savory Corn Tart with Poblano Chili Sauce is a must make for those who want to bring a little heat to the table. The two elements of this savory entree, cornbread and poblano chili sauce, complement each other, with sweet corn balancing the heat and spice of the chili sauce. Serve by cutting the cornbread into squares and then in half with a hefty spoonful of sauce on top. Top with sour cream and cheese according to your personal preference.
- 8 ear of corn
- 100 grams butter
- 30 grams sugar
- 3 eggs (separated)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 allspice (grain)
- 3 poblano chilies (roasted, peeled, deveined, and sliced)
- 1/4 onions (thinly sliced)
- cheese (grated)
- 1Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2Crush the corn kernels. Set aside.
- 3Beat the butter and sugar until soft and creamy.
- 4While still beating, add the egg yolks one by one, as well as the corn kernels, baking powder, and salt to taste.
- 5Separately, beat the egg whites to stiff peaks. Carefully add to the previous mixture.
- 6Pour into a greased baking pan.
- 8Roast the tomatoes on a skillet.
- 9In the blender, add the roasted tomatoes, garlic, allspice, oregano, and salt to taste. Puree until smooth and strain.
- 10Fry the onion and chili slices. Add the sauce and continue to cook. Add salt if needed.
- 11To serve, cut a slice of corn tart and pour sauce on top. Add cream and cheese.