Warm and spicy, this recipe for Savory Corn Tart with Poblano Chili Sauce is a must make for those who want to bring a little heat to the table. The two elements of this savory entree, cornbread and poblano chili sauce, complement each other, with sweet corn balancing the heat and spice of the chili sauce. Serve by cutting the cornbread into squares and then in half with a hefty spoonful of sauce on top. Top with sour cream and cheese according to your personal preference.
- 8 ears of corn
- 100 grams butter
- 30 grams sugar
- 3 eggs (separated)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 allspice (grain)
- 3 poblano chilies (roasted, peeled, deveined, and sliced)
- 1/4 onion (thinly sliced)
- cheese (grated)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Crush the corn kernels. Set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar until soft and creamy.
- While still beating, add the egg yolks one by one, as well as the corn kernels, baking powder, and salt to taste.
- Separately, beat the egg whites to stiff peaks. Carefully add to the previous mixture.
- Pour into a greased baking pan.
- Roast the tomatoes on a skillet.
- In the blender, add the roasted tomatoes, garlic, allspice, oregano, and salt to taste. Puree until smooth and strain.
- Fry the onion and chili slices. Add the sauce and continue to cook. Add salt if needed.
- To serve, cut a slice of corn tart and pour sauce on top. Add cream and cheese.