Savory Cod Pie with Cheese and OlivesAs receitas lá de casa
Here's a Portuguese take on quiche, with cod in the savory filling. You can use a good quality store-bought pie dough for the crust or make your own using your favorite recipe. The filling is a flavorful blend of cod, eggs, milk, cheese, and olives, and more cheese sprinkled on top before baking. The pie is equally tasty warm, at room temperature, or even cold when eaten as leftovers, in case it lasts that long.
- 1 shortcrust pastry (fresh, package)
- 450 grams unsalted cod (2 pieces)
- 3 eggs
- 250 milliliters milk
- 100 grams Flemish cheese (thinly sliced, or other semi-hard melting cheese, such as Edam or Gouda)
- 150 grams black olives (pitted and halved)
- ground black pepper
- parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- 2Spread dough in a pie dish lined with parchment paper.
- 3Trim hanging edges of dough and prick the bottom of dough with a fork.
- 4Cook cod.
- 5Remove skin and bones and finely shred.
- 6In a bowl, whisk eggs with milk.
- 7Spread codfish, cheese and olives in the pie shell. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Pour the egg mixture over fish and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 9Bake in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, or until custard is firm.