Curry powder is your ticket to making terrific dinners in very little time, and with much fewer ingredients than traditional version, and without compromising on the authentic flavors. Just be sure to buy a better quality brand for best results. In this recipe, chicken, mushrooms, leek, and carrot are sauteed with the spice blend and then seasoned with soy sauce before dividing among the sheets and forming the rolls, which are fried until golden and crisp.
- 1 leeks (julienned)
- olive oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 white mushrooms (large, chopped)
- 2 chicken breasts (cubed)
- 1 carrots (grated)
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 6 sheets puff pastry
- Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan or wok and sauté leek.
- Add curry and mushrooms and sauté briefly.
- Add chicken and cook until tender.
- Add carrot.
- Season with soy sauce and salt and pepper and mix well.
- Divide filling in 6 portions.
- Spread sheets of puff pastry on work surface.
- Add 1 portion filling at one end and fold pastry in half.
- Fold sides, turn the pastry to the filling side and roll up.
- Lightly brush edges of pastry with water and press to seal edges.
- Fry in hot oil until golden.
- Serve with soy sauce or other sauce of choice.