Savory Chicken and Curried Vegetable PastryO Meu Tempero
Curry powder is your ticket to making terrific dinners in very little time, and with much fewer ingredients than traditional version, and without compromising on the authentic flavors. Just be sure to buy a better quality brand for best results. In this recipe, chicken, mushrooms, leek, and carrot are sauteed with the spice blend and then seasoned with soy sauce before dividing among the sheets and forming the rolls, which are fried until golden and crisp.
- 1 leeks (julienned)
- olive oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 white mushrooms (large, chopped)
- 2 chicken breasts (cubed)
- 1 carrots (grated)
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 6 sheets puff pastry
- 1Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan or wok and sauté leek.
- 2Add curry and mushrooms and sauté briefly.
- 3Add chicken and cook until tender.
- 4Add carrot.
- 5Season with soy sauce and salt and pepper and mix well.
- 6Divide filling in 6 portions.
- 7Spread sheets of puff pastry on work surface.
- 8Add 1 portion filling at one end and fold pastry in half.
- 9Fold sides, turn the pastry to the filling side and roll up.
- 10Lightly brush edges of pastry with water and press to seal edges.
- 11Fry in hot oil until golden.
- 12Serve with soy sauce or other sauce of choice.