Savory Chicken Bacon PastryAs receitas lá de casa
Here's a savory slab pie that can be made in under an hour since the crust is made with frozen puff pastry dough (one sheet on the bottom and the other on top) and the filling makes good use of leftover rotisserie chicken (or you can pick one up just for this purpose). The filling also includes bacon, sausage, peas, corn, and carrots, and resembles a chicken pot pie without the pot.
- chicken (leftover rottiserie, shredded)
- 2 slices bacon (chopped)
- 1 can sausages
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 3 carrots (sliced.)
- 1 package frozen puff pastry sheets (2 sheets)
- 1 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- 2In a skillet, sauté shredded chicken and bacon until bacon is crisp.
- 3Add sausages, peas, corn and carrots and cook for about 10 minutes.
- 4Roll out puff pastry sheets.
- 5Place pastry sheet on a baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- 6Top with chicken filling, then another puff pastry sheet. Beat egg yolk with water.
- 7Brush tart with egg wash.
- 8Bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.