Here's a savory slab pie that can be made in under an hour since the crust is made with frozen puff pastry dough (one sheet on the bottom and the other on top) and the filling makes good use of leftover rotisserie chicken (or you can pick one up just for this purpose). The filling also includes bacon, sausage, peas, corn, and carrots, and resembles a chicken pot pie without the pot.
- chicken (leftover rottiserie, shredded)
- 2 slices bacon (chopped)
- 1 can sausages
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 3 carrots (sliced.)
- 1 package frozen puff pastry sheets (2 sheets)
- 1 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- In a skillet, sauté shredded chicken and bacon until bacon is crisp.
- Add sausages, peas, corn and carrots and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Roll out puff pastry sheets.
- Place pastry sheet on a baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- Top with chicken filling, then another puff pastry sheet. Beat egg yolk with water.
- Brush tart with egg wash.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.