Think of these as savory muffins, which would be great for weekday breakfasts on the go, tucked into lunchboxes, or even as an afterschool snack. They also make salty nibbles for a festive brunch or cocktail party. They are quick to make, too: Just whisk together all the ingredients in a bowl (for easy cleanup) and divide among greased muffin cakes. Avoid overbaking these, as you want the muffins to be moist and tender, not too dry and crumbly.
- 2 eggs
- 150 milliliters milk
- 50 grams softened butter
- 50 grams margarine (softened)
- 200 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 150 grams ham (finely chopped)
- 150 grams bacon (finely chopped)
- Grease muffin tins with margarine and dust with flour.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- In a bowl, beat eggs with milk, softened butter and season with a pinch of salt.
- Add flour and baking powder and mix well.
- Mix in the ham and bacon.
- Bake in preheate oven until done.