These Savory Asparagus and Cheese Muffins make a great afternoon snack or can accompany an evening glass of wine. Made with crispy cubed pancetta, golden fried asparagus, melty manchego cheese, and pine nuts, these savory muffins have a creamy savory balance of salty and savory flavors with the pine nuts adding a delicate crunch to each bite. Quick and easy to make, these muffins are a yummy and hearty snack. Bake time is 20 minutes.
- 100 grams pancetta (cubed)
- 100 grams asparagus (chopped)
- 3 eggs
- 100 grams milk
- 20 grams vegetable oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper
- 200 grams flour
- 15 grams baking powder
- 50 grams manchego cheese (grated)
- 50 grams pine nuts
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (or 160 C. if using a convection oven).
- Microwave the pancetta for 1 to 2 minutes until crispy.
- Fry the chopped asparagus until golden.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, oil, salt, and black pepper to taste.
- Separately, sift the flour and baking powder together in a bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Fold the fried asparagus, grated cheese, pine nuts, and crispy pancetta into the batter .
- Line a metal muffin tin with paper liners. Fill each mold 3/4 full and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove to a baking rack to cool.
|Calories210Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.