The marinade does most of the work for these flavorful medallions. Serve with garlic mashed potatoes and Brussels Sprouts with Prosciutto and Parmesan.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons dijon (style mustard)
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 tablespoon green onions (minced)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- Cut pork loin into six slices and put into a shallow pan. Combine next six ingredients. Add to pan with pork. Mix well. Chill several hours. When ready to cook, remove pork from marinade; reserving marinade.
- Heat oil in heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Saute pork until well browned on both sides until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove from pan and keep warm for 3 minutes. Pour off all oil. Add marinade to pan; heat to boiling and simmer 5 minutes. Reduce heat and add butter and swirl pan to melt butter. Season to taste.
- To serve, put pork on plates; strain sauce over the pork slices.