Sautéed Green Beans and SausageO Meu Tempero
Next time you find yourself with a bunch of fresh green beans, here's a crowdpleasing way to prepare them: First steam the green beans until they are bright green in color and crisp tender. in texture. Next saute garlic and smoked pork in a little olive oil, until the pork is just about done. Then deglaze the pan with balsamic vinegar, stirring up the flavorful bits. Finally add the green beans, and mix well to coat.
- 500 grams green beans
- 2 garlic cloves
- olive oil
- pork sausages (Paio, or smoked, to taste)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- fresh chives
- dried chives
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1Steam green beans, drain, and set aside.
- 2Heat olive oil in a frying pan and sauté garlic.
- 3Add sausage in strips and sauté until almost cooked.
- 4Add balsamic vinegar and cook until reduced.
- 5Add cooked green beans, stir and season with salt and pepper.
- 6Sprinkle with chives.
- 7Mix well and serve warm.