Next time you find yourself with a bunch of fresh green beans, here's a crowdpleasing way to prepare them: First steam the green beans until they are bright green in color and crisp tender. in texture. Next saute garlic and smoked pork in a little olive oil, until the pork is just about done. Then deglaze the pan with balsamic vinegar, stirring up the flavorful bits. Finally add the green beans, and mix well to coat.
- 500 grams green beans
- 2 garlic cloves
- olive oil
- pork sausage (Paio, or smoked, to taste)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- fresh chives
- dried chives
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- Steam green beans, drain, and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan and sauté garlic.
- Add sausage in strips and sauté until almost cooked.
- Add balsamic vinegar and cook until reduced.
- Add cooked green beans, stir and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with chives.
- Mix well and serve warm.