Sauteed Cod with SpaghettiAs receitas lá de casa
Frozen cod is a convenient way to incorporate more fish into your diet, especially for anyone living far from the coast. Here, the cod is thawed thoroughl, then shredded and sauteed with onion, bacon, and garlic, and then this "sauce" is tossed with cooked and drained spaghetti. Before serving, drizzle with a bit of olive oil and sprinkle with fresh basil leaves, if desired, for bursts of color and bright flavor.
- 500 grams cod (frozen or fresh)
- 300 grams spaghetti
- 1/2 red pepper
- 100 grams bacon
- 1 onions (medium)
- 6 cloves garlic
- garlic powder
- fresh basil leaves (optional)
- 1Thaw and drain cod thoroughly. Shred the cod into small pieces. Set aside.
- 2Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente or to taste. Drain and rinse spaghetti with cold water.
- 3In a large skillet, heat a generous drizzle of olive oil. When hot, add the chopped onion and saute until browned. Add the bacon and garlic to the skillet. When the bacon begins to brown, add the cod and red pepper slices. Mix well and cook for about 5 minutes. Adjust the seasoning, being careful with the salt. Add a bit of garlic powder and sprinkle with paprika.
- 4Add the cooked spaghetti to the skillet, sprinkle with a little olive oil and stir well. Garnish with fresh basil leaves.