Sautéed Chicken with Leeks and BaconAs receitas lá de casa
This recipe is a study in how to build flavor easily and quickly. Start by cooking diced bacon in a little olive oil to render the fat and give the bacon some color, then add diced chicken and saute until cooked through. While sometimes the aromatics are cooked first, here the leek and carrot is added at this point and cooked until tender. Cutting the chicken into smaller pieces means there's more surface area to take on more flavors, and they will also cook more quickly for a fast weeknight meal.
- 2 chicken breasts (cubed)
- 1 leeks (thinly sliced)
- 1 medium carrot (grated)
- 1 handful golden raisins
- 1 handful sliced almonds
- bacon (diced)
- 1/2 lemon
- 1Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan.
- 2Add bacon and cook over low heat.
- 3When bacon starts to brown, add chicken breast cubes.
- 4Cook until chicken breast is no longer pink.
- 5Add leek and carrot.
- 6Season with salt and lemon juice.
- 7Mix everything and cook well.
- 8Stir in raisins and almonds.
- 9Mixture is done when liquids start to evaporate and mixture is dry.
- 10Serve with white rice, if desired.