If you want a flavorful dish that is packed with spice, then try this decadent recipe for Sauteed Chicken and Chorizo with Yellow Lentils and Rice. The dish is perfect for a hearty family dinner. The chicken is spiced to perfection and pairs well with the spicy chorizo. Be sure to pick up these ingredients the next time you are shopping so you can surprise your family with a hearty homemade meal.
- 500 grams chicken breasts
- 1 onions
- 1 garlic cloves
- 1/2 chorizo
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 100 grams turkey bacon
- 200 grams tomato purée
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- yellow lentils (cooked)
- Camargue rice (cooked)
- Cut the chicken breasts into pieces.
- Peel and chop the garlic and onion.
- Slice the chorizo.
- In a frying pan, fry the chicken in the oil and butter for 2 minutes on each side, remove from pan, and set aside.
- In the same skillet, fry the bacon, onion, and garlic, and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir while scraping the bottom of the pan so that the meat juices color the ingredients.
- Cook until the bacon is crispy.
- Add the pieces of chicken, chorizo, and tomato sauce, mix well and cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Mix with yellow lentils and rice.