Here's a one pot (or make that "one wok") recipe that's also a meal in one, since it has chicken breast, bell pepper, leeks, and onion that are all cooked together, plus almonds for added crunch (and protein) and soy sauce as the essential unifier that brings everything together in perfect harmony. If you don't have a wok, you can make the dish in a large skillet or saute pan. Serve with your favorite rice.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1 leeks (large or 2 small)
- 1 onions (medium)
- 1 handful almonds
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 chicken stock cubes
- olive oil
- Sprinkle the bottom of a wok with a little olive oil and add ½ chicken stock cube.
- Cut the chicken breasts into small pieces and place in wok. Season with a little salt and sprinkle with the lemon juice.
- While the chicken cooks, dice the red pepper and onion and cut the leek into thin slices.
- When the chicken begins to brown, add the prepared vegetables and almonds. Sprinkle with soy sauce and stir to combine for about 5 minutes.
- Serve with white rice.