If you are already a fan of brussels sprouts, then here's another amazing way to enjoy the little orbs. If you're not, or if you are cooking for those that aren't (like most little kids), then this is an excellent way to win them over. After all, it's got butter and ham and cheese mixed in, and those can be hard to resist by anyone of any age. Boiling the sprouts before they are sauteed helps ensure they are nice and tender and without too much bitterness.
- 200 grams Brussels sprouts
- 120 grams peas
- 3 slices ham (chopped)
- 2 slices gouda cheese (grated)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 centimeter ginger (grated)
- parsley (to taste)
- butter (to taste)
- Cook the sprouts and peas thoroughly in salted water.
- Place the garlic, grated ginger and butter in a wok. Add the sprouts, peas, ham and cheese. Saute all ingredients lightly and serve with fresh parsley.
- Can be served as a side dish with grilled chicken breasts or as a light meal.