This simple recipe for Sauteed Beans and Clams provides you with a simple yet flavorful lunch or dinner entree. Incorporating white beans seasoned with bay leaf with clams cooked in a garlic and white wine sauce, the harmony of flavors in this Saute…
d Beans and Clams dish is light and elegant. Add a touch of lemon juice to the clams after boiling them to neutralize any fishy smell or flavor. Cook the beans in a pressure cooker for a faster cooking process.
- 250 grams white beans (large)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 garlic cloves (finely diced)
- virgin olive oil
- 500 grams clams (cockle)
- 4 ounces wine (Riesling)
- The night before, cover the beans in cold water and let soak.
- The next day, drain off the water, add the beans to a pot, cover with fresh water, and add the bay leaf. Boil until tender and salt to taste. It will be a faster process if you use a pressure cooker.
- In a skillet, saute the garlic in a drizzle of olive oil until golden.
- Add the clams and wine to the skillet, raise the heat, cover, and let steam cook the mollusks. As the clams open, remove them to another covered dish.
- Take the lid off and reduce the remaining broth a bit. When you have the amount you like, add in the drained beans. Stir and let simmer in the broth about 5 minutes.
- Salt to taste and add the clams back in. Serve.
|Calories190Calories from Fat10|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat10|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.