- 4 tart baking apples (large)
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 6 tablespoons apple cider (or fresh pressed apple juice)
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 pint vanilla frozen yogurt (store-bought)
- Peel and core the apples. Thinly slice them to 1/8”-1/4” thickness.
- Set a large skillet over medium heat and melt the butter. Once the butter is melted, add the apples. Sauté the apples, stirring frequently, for 4-5 minutes, until they are very lightly browned. Add the apple cider and lemon juice to the skillet, allowing it to bubble for 30 seconds, coating the apples. Stir in the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Place a lid over the skillet and reduce the heat to medium-low. Allow the apples to simmer, covered, for 15-18 minutes, removing the lid to stir every few minutes, until the apples are softened and caramelized.
- Remove the skillet from the heat. Allow the apples to cool slightly for 5 minutes.
- Scoop the frozen yogurt into serving bowls. Divide the apples evenly over the top of each bowl. Serve immediately.