- 2 tablespoons olive oil (separated)
- 16 ounces smoked sausage (for a healthier option we use hardwood smoked turkey sausage)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 yellow onion (1 small, ~3/4 cup, diced)
- 2 stalks celery (~1/2 cup, thinly sliced)
- 2 carrots (medium, ~1 cup, peeled and diced)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 green cabbage (ths of 1 full small, cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 15 ounces fire roasted diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 16 ounces baby red potatoes (unpeeled, diced)
- 7 cups swanson beef stock (Swanson's beef broth will also work)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- fine sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- fresh thyme (Optional:)
- sourdough bread (Serve with crusty)
|Calories470Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Carol Techima 6 Jan
Tastes amazing! It’s really easy to make and delicious
sue g. 1 Dec 2018
great everybody loved it
AF24 26 Nov 2018
Recommend less seasoning, more sausage. not meaty enough for my house hold.
Linn 20 Nov 2018
Super awesome!! My husband said this is the best recipe I’ve made using Yummly.
Jennifer Zoromski 19 Nov 2018
Amazing! Very easy to follow and make, fairly quick as well. I added 4 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar after everything was cooked down for extra flavor!
Katie 28 Aug 2018
It came out great!! After almost 6 cups of beef broth, I added about 3/4 water. Just to cut the salt a little bit. I went a little heavy on the spices and probably could have even gone a touch heavier. It was VERY tasty and filling. Even my 2 year old loved it!
Olga 20 Aug 2018
definitely, definitely make this one - its so delicious and quite easy to make!
Hernene d. 27 Jun 2018
It is delicious, all the herbs give it a great taste.
Wong 30 May 2018
I didn’t have italian herbs cause i am living in italy and they don’t have that here. So i replaced it with parsley. And left out thyme and i used chicken broth instead and it turned out really well anyways. I had low expectations but it came out pretty tasty 😍 thanks for sharing
Cynthia 28 May 2018
Delicious! Made a great rainy day meal!
Freddy 3 May 2018
I made this tonight and it was good, I will make it again. Next time I will have to add a little something to it to put a little bit more spice to it for my taste.
Claudia Hoover 29 Mar 2018
Excellent, my husband and I both enjoyed the flavors.
Mellissa Cummins Young 24 Mar 2018
Best cabbage soup ever!!
Amanda D. 13 Mar 2018
I didn’t add the tomatoes because I don’t like them. I used fresh herbs to season instead of dried. This soup is AMAZING. I thought it would taste ho hum yeah it’s soup. But me and my family are scarfing it down.. to the point that it may not be a good for you meal anymore😋.
Cheyenne Longacre 7 Mar 2018
really good and I will try the alternatives.
Bettye Black 27 Feb 2018
Fantastic! I added more potatoes-we like thicker soups
Monica W. 1 Feb 2018
Delicious! Love the vegetables combined with the sausage! Definitely a repeat! And extra sharp cheddar goes very well with this soup!