Why have a simple sandwich warp when you can prepare these delectable pastry wraps instead? To make them, thawed frozen puff pastry dough is wrapped around cheese, deli ham, and vienna sausages (or other miniature sausages), cut into quarters (or smaller, as desired), and baked. Use a light hand when brushing the dough with the egg wash, as an excess will prevent the pastry from puffing up in the oven.
- 1 puff pastry (pack)
- Flemish cheese (to taste)
- ham (to taste)
- 1 can vienna sausage
- 1 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Roll out the pastry.
- Cut into rectangles the length of a sausage and wide enough to wrap.
- On top of the dough place the cheese, followed by the ham, and finally the sausage.
- Wrap so that the dough can hold the entire contents.
- Cut into at least four equal parts.
- Place on a baking tray and brush with egg yolk mixed with milk.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.