Need a delicious brunch recipe? Expand your breakfast horizons and try these baked egg rolls filled with egg, sausage, cheese and hash browns.
- 16 ounces ground pork sausage (package)
- 16 ounces Crystal Farms® Better n Eggs (package)
- 20 ounces Simply Potatoes Hash Browns (package)
- 1 1/2 cups Crystal Farms® Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 packages egg roll wrappers (30 fresh)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons Crystal Farms Butter (melted)
- Heat oven to 400° F in a conventional oven (450° F convectional).
- In medium 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage until browned. Remove sausage and reserve fat.
- Sauté hash browns in rendered pork fat until crisp and cooked through.
- Add egg and sausage back to pan and scramble eggs.
- Transfer to large bowl and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Add shredded Cheddar cheese to the potato, egg and sausage mixture and mix.
- To make egg rolls, place one egg roll wrap on work surface. Place a generous ¼ cup of mixture on bottom third of wrapper, to within 1-inch of edge. Fold bottom of wrapper over filling; fold each side of wrapper in over filling. Lightly brush top edges of wrapper with water. Roll up to create a 4-inch long egg roll. Press edges to seal. Place, seal side down, on ungreased cookie sheets. Repeat with remaining filling and wrappers.
- Brush top of each egg roll with melted butter. Bake 11-14 minutes or until golden brown.