Sauteed chicken and sausage are a filling and tasty base for this bold sandwich. A sauce of roasted red peppers and parsley adds a ton of flavor to this otherwise simple sandwich. A piece of creamy, mild cheese is melted over the meat for a delicious and simple meal. This sandwich makes a great lunch or dinner, just pair it with a light salad or some oven roasted fries.
- 3/4 cup sausage (chopped)
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast (medium, cubed)
- cooking spray
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/2 onion (diced)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper (canned)
- 1/4 cup parsley (minced)
- 4 rolls (bread)
- cheese (Sliced, such as Monterrey Jack)
- Spritz a skillet with cooking spray, place over medium heat, and cook the sausage, chicken, garlic, and onion. Stir occasionally to cook evenly.
- Liquify the canned pepper, parsley, water, salt, and pepper together in the blender
- Add the puree to the chicken, adding water if needed, and let simmer for 3 minutes.
- Cut open the rolls, fill with the chicken and sausage mixture, and add a slice of cheese. Serve.