Sausage and Mozzarella Puff PastriesMarmita
These lovely little roll-ups are made with store-bought puff pastry, one of the best convenience items available to the home baker, and cocktail sausages from a can or package, take your pick. The pastry is first brushed with Dijon mustard and layered with mozzarella cheese before rolling up around the sausages. A sprinkling of poppy seeds is an optional garnish, though as you can see they add great visual appeal.
- 2 puff pastry (rectangular sheets)
- 1 can cocktail sausages
- 1 eggs
- 1 mozzarella cheese
- dijon mustard (with honey to taste)
- oregano (to taste)
- 1Roll out the pastry sheets to equal width and thickness and join together with a little water to make one large sheet.
- 2Brush the entire surface of the pastry with the honey mustard and sprinkle with oregano. Using a pizza cutter or knife, cut the pastry into portions. Cut in half horizontally, then cut into sausage-size portions vertically.
- 3Wrap the sausage with cheese and place on a baking sheet, lined with parchment paper. Space sausage rolls 7 cm apart from each other.
- 4Brush each sausage roll with beaten egg, then sprinkle with poppy or sunflower seeds if desired.