Hearty and easy! You and your family will love this no-frills brunch dish.
- 1 pie shell (frozen)
- 8 ounces breakfast sausage (removed from casings)
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 ounces low moisture mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 2 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Arrange a rack to the lowest position in the oven.
- Poke the bottom of the frozen pie shell with a fork, and place on a baking sheet. Transfer the baking sheet to the bottom rack of the preheated oven.
- Bake the pie shell for 12-14 minutes, until the bottom is slightly puffed. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Reduce the oven to 350° F.
- Place two sheets of paper towels on a large dinner plate, and set aside.
- Set a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place the sausage in the skillet. Cook until browned, about 5-7 minutes, using a rubber spatula to break up the sausage into small pieces as it cooks.
- Transfer the sausage onto the paper-towel lined dinner plate to drain.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, heavy cream, salt, and black pepper, until smooth.
- Place the sausage and shredded cheeses into the egg and milk mixture. Fold with a rubber spatula until the sausage and cheeses are evenly distributed.
- Pour the egg, sausage, and cheese mixture into the blind-baked pie shell. Cover the edges of the pie shells with pie guards or strips of aluminum foil.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the bottom rack of the preheated oven.
- Bake the quiche for 45-55 minutes, until the top is firm and golden brown.
- Remove the quiche from the oven. Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes at room temperature before slicing and serving.
Jenelle Wilcox 10 Nov 2018
Really simple to make. Mine overflowed a littlr, but my pie crust was shallow. Next time I will use a deep pie crust.