Your favorite breakfast staples all baked together in a simple and hearty casserole.
- 12 ounces breakfast sausage (removed from casing)
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Spray a 9x13” casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place two sheets of paper towels on a large dinner plate, and set aside.
- Set a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place the sausage in the skillet. Cook until browned, about 5-7 minutes, using a rubber spatula to break up the sausage into small pieces as it cooks.
- Transfer the sausage onto the paper-towel lined dinner plate to drain.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and black pepper. Add the sausage and shredded cheese. Fold with a rubber spatula until the sausage and cheese are evenly distributed.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
- Transfer the dish to the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- Bake the casserole for 40-45 minutes, until it is golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Allow the casserole to cool for at least ten minutes before serving.
- Cut the casserole into squares, or simply transfer to a plate with a large spoon. Serve.
Jamila W. 12 Feb
It was so easy to make and turned out great