- 1 pound bulk pork sausages (seasoned as desired)
- 1/2 cup onions (chopped)
- 1 cup rice (long-grain)
- 1 cup celery (chopped)
- 1 envelope chicken noodle soup mix
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (finely shredded)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook sausage and onion in a large skillet until sausage is brown, breaking up sausage with wooden spoon. Drain off fat. Set sausage mixture aside.
- Combine uncooked rice, celery and dry soup mix in 2- to 2 1/2-quart casserole. Pour boiling water over mixture in casserole; stir to combine. Spoon sausage mixture evenly over mixture in casserole. Cover. Bake about 50 minutes or until rice is tender. Uncover; stir to combine. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese. Bake about 5 minutes more or until cheese melts.