Sausage & Peppers Subs With Creamy Italian SpreadBest Foods
- 1/2 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves (finely chopped )
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar (apple cider vinegar or white balsamic vinegar)
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage links (sweet or)
- 2 orange bell pepper (or large red, cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 onions (large, cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 4 hoagi or roll (medium, split)
- 1In small bowl, combine Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise, cheese, basil, vinegar and garlic. Reserve 1/4 cup.
- 2On skewers, thread sausage. On separate skewers, alternately thread red peppers and onion. Grill or broil sausage and vegetables, brushing vegetables with remaining mayonnaise mixture, until sausage is done and vegetables are tender.
- 3Meanwhile, brush reserved mayonnaise mixture on both sides of rolls. Grill or broil, turning once, until toasted. To serve, arrange cooked sausage and vegetable skewers on grilled rolls; remove skewers.