- 4 portabello mushroom (large, stems and ribs removed)
- 2 Tbsp. Bertolli® Classico™ Olive Oil
- 1 lb. sweet Italian sausage links, removed from casing and crumbled
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar Bertolli® Tomato & Basil Sauce, divided
- 1 1/2 cups bread (torn fresh)
- 2/3 cup crumbled gorgonzola (cheese, divided)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (toasted)
- 1 package baby spinach (12 oz., or arugula leaves)
- Preheat oven to 425°. Evenly drizzle both sides of mushrooms with Olive Oil, then season, if desired, with salt and black pepper. Arrange mushrooms on cookie sheet; set aside.
- Brown sausage in 12-inch nonstick skillet; drain, if desired. Stir in onion and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until tender; cool slightly.
- Combine sausage mixture, 1 cup Sauce, bread, 6 tablespoons cheese and pine nuts in medium bowl. Evenly spoon sausage mixture onto prepared mushrooms, then sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 15 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Meanwhile, bring spinach and 1/4 cup water to a boil in 5-quart saucepot over high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook covered, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Season, if desired, with salt and black pepper. Evenly arrange spinach on plates, then top with mushrooms. Serve with remaining Sauce, heated.