- 5 pounds pork loin (center roast, bone-in)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound italian sausage
- 1 zucchini (small, diced)
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds (crushed)
- 3 ounces tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Cut deep slits between ribs of roast, without cutting through the opposite side. Sprinkle each pocket lightly with salt. Remove sausage from casing; discard casing. Cook sausage in skillet until brown; drain drippings. Combine sausage, zucchini, fennel seed and tomato paste; mix well. Pack stuffing into slits. Place roast on rack in a shallow roasting pan. Sprinkle surface of roast with Italian seasoning.
- Roast in a 350 degree F. oven for 20 minutes per pound or until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove roast from oven; let rest 10 minutes before carving.