Stuffed with savory sausage, two cheeses, and panko, these mushrooms could be a meal in themselves.
- 12 cremini mushrooms (large)
- 4 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 2 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- black pepper (to taste)
- 1 shallots (finely diced)
- 6 ounces italian sausage (uncased)
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Line a square baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Carefully remove the stems from the mushrooms and discard or save for an alternative use.
- Arrange the mushrooms in the baking pan with the cavities facing up. Set aside.
- Place the cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, panko, parsley, thyme, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Finely dice the shallot.
- Place the shallot and Italian sausage in a large sauté pan. Cook over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes, breaking the sausage up as it cooks, until the sausage is browned and the shallot is softened.
- Add the cooked sausage and shallots to the panko and cheese mixture. Allow to cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Using clean hands, mix all the ingredients together until thoroughly combined.
- With a small spoon and clean hands, stuff a generous Tablespoon of filling into each mushroom. Pack the filling tightly into each cavity, using enough so that the mushrooms are generously with stuffing.
- Transfer the baking pan to the preheated oven.
- Bake for 24-26 minutes, until the mushrooms have released some of their juices and the stuffing is nicely browned.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Allow the mushrooms to cool for 5 minutes before plating and serving.
PER SERVING *
|Calories480Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.