Sausage Stuffed MushroomsYummly
Stuffed with savory sausage, two cheese, and panko breadcrumbs, these mushrooms could be a meal in themselves.
- 12 cremini mushrooms (large)
- 4 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 2 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- black pepper (to taste)
- 1 shallots (finely diced)
- 6 ounces italian sausage (uncased)
- 1Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- 2Line a square baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- 3Carefully remove the stems from the mushrooms and discard or save for an alternative use.
- 4Arrange the mushrooms in the baking pan with the cavities facing up. Set aside.
- 5Place the cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, panko, parsley, thyme, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Set aside.
- 6Finely dice the shallot.
- 7Place the shallot and Italian sausage in a large sauté pan. Cook over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes, breaking the sausage up as it cooks, until the sausage is browned and the shallot is softened.
- 8Add the cooked sausage and shallots to the panko and cheese mixture. Allow to cool for 2-3 minutes.
- 9Using clean hands, mix all the ingredients together until thoroughly combined.
- 10With a small spoon and clean hands, stuff a generous Tablespoon of filling into each mushroom. Pack the filling tightly into each cavity, using enough so that the mushrooms are generously with stuffing.
- 11Transfer the baking pan to the preheated oven.
- 12Bake for 24-26 minutes, until the mushrooms have released some of their juices and the stuffing is nicely browned.
- 13Remove the pan from the oven. Allow the mushrooms to cool for 5 minutes before plating and serving.