You can’t make too many of these cocktail hour favorites. These stuffed mushrooms also make an elegant accompaniment for a holiday pork roast.
- 8 ounces bulk pork sausages
- 32 mushrooms (large)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (minced)
- Remove stems from mushrooms. Finely chop stems and saute in butter in large heavy skillet with garlic until mushrooms are wilted, about 3 minutes. Add sausage and cook, stirring, until brown. Stir in remaining ingredients, stir to mix well; taste to adjust seasoning. Stuff each mushroom cap with about 1 tablespoon sausage mixture. Place mushrooms in shallow baking pan. Bake at 400 degrees F, for 15 minutes.