Sausage Stuffed BiscuitsAs receitas lá de casa
Kids will eat these tasty rolls up (and any grown ups that around will too). After all, they are buttery and golden brown and studded with sliced sausage. The dough is super simple, with just flour, melted butter, eggs, baking powder, and milk, and it puffs up nicely in the oven (brushing it with egg before baking helps browning). You can use whatever type of sausage you prefer, so long as it is already cooked.
- 400 grams wheat flour
- 125 grams butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 200 milliliters milk
- sausages (to taste)
- 1 egg yolks
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- 2In a bowl, Mix flour, slightly melted butter, eggs, baking powder and milk.
- 3Knead well until pastry no longer sticks to sides of bowl.
- 4Cut sausage in thin slices.
- 5Remove small portions of the biscuit dough and fill with the sausage slices.
- 6Shape dough into rolls.
- 7Place biscuits on a baking sheet greased with butter and sprinkled with flour.
- 8Brush tops with egg yolk.
- 9Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.