- 8 ounces bulk pork sausages
- 9 inches refrigerated piecrusts
- 1/4 cup onions (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 10 ounces frozen spinach (chopped)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded, 4 ounces)
- 4 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 1 cup light cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cherry tomatoes (halved, optional)
- watercress (optional)
- Prepare pastry and set aside.
- Crumble sausage in medium skillet; add onion and garlic. Cook over medium heat till sausage is browned, stirring occasionally; drain well.
- Thaw spinach, drain well. Remove remaining moisture by pressing spinach between layers of paper toweling. Add spinach to sausage mixture; mix well.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly in pastry shell. Top with sausage mixture. In a medium mixing bowl combine eggs, cream and salt; mix well. Pour egg mixture over sausage mixture.
- Bake in a 375 degree F. oven for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted halfway between center and outer edge comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with cherry tomatoes and watercress, if desired.
George Guddendorf 9 Jul
quick and easy and tasted really good