- 12 german sausages
- 100 grams bacon lardons
- 3 onions (medium)
- 1 red pepper (cut into pieces)
- 850 milliliters sauerkraut (jar of)
- 2 packets instant mash
- 250 milliliters semi-skimmed milk
- 4 stalks marjoram
- Fry the bratwurst and bacon in a large skillet on medium heat for about 8 mins. Remove from skillet and keep warm. Cut 2 onions into wedges. Add to the skillet with the red pepper and cook, stirring, about 4 mins until softened. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Slice remaining onion and add to the skillet with the sauerkraut. Cook, stirring, about 15 mins. Add the bacon and cook until heated through.
- Halve the sausages then thread on skewers alternately with the onion wedges and pepper pieces. Serve sausage skewers with sauerkraut and mashed potatoes, if desired.