- 1 1/2 pounds Italian sausage links
- 3 bell pepper (green, red or yellow, seeded and halved)
- 1 sweet onion (thickly sliced)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 4 submarine rolls (OR hoagie rolls, split)
- In shallow bowl toss together peppers, onion and vinaigrette.
- Prepare medium hot fire in grill. With tongs or slotted spoon remove pepper and onion from vinaigrette, reserving vinaigrette, and place directly over fire on grill or in grill basket directly over fire. Grill until vegetables are tender, about 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally (or shaking grill basket gently). Remove from grill, place onions slices back in vinaigrette marinade, toss to coat. Slice grilled peppers into 1/2-inch strips; add to onions; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill sausages directly over fire, turning to cook evenly, for about 10-12 minutes until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 160 degrees F.; and lightly toast sandwich rolls. Place sausages in rolls and generously top with peppers and onions.