A simple and delicious week-night meal. Choose seasoning strength to match your family's tastes. Serve with Caesar salad and breadsticks.
- 2 pounds bulk pork sausages (seasoned as desired)
- 24 jumbo macaroni shells
- 8 ounces mushrooms (pieces, drained)
- 52 ounces pasta sauce
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- Cook macaroni shells according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again. Cook sausage in large skillet until brown, breaking up with wooden spoon. Drain off fat. Transfer drained sausage to large bowl; stir mushrooms into drained sausage. Stir in 1 cup of spaghetti sauce and half of mozzarella cheese.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Carefully stuff sausage mixture into macaroni shells. Arrange stuffed shells in 9x13-inch baking dish. Heat remaining spaghetti sauce in large saucepan until bubbly; pour evenly over stuffed shells. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake about 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serves 6 to 8.