- 8 bone-in ribeye (rib) pork chops (3/4-inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup white onion (diced)
- 1 cup green bell pepper (diced)
- 1 cup red bell pepper (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 24 ounces salsa (such as LaPreferida or Goya)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Prepare a grill to medium-high heat (about 450 degrees F.).
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add diced onions, peppers and garlic; cook 5 minutes until browned and softened, stirring occasionally. Add salsa and chili powder, cook 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
- Oil grill grate. Grill chops over direct heat until the internal temperature reaches between 145 degrees F. (medium rare) and 160 degrees F. (medium), on a meat thermometer, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Remove chops from the grill and let rest for 3 minutes. Serve with salsa mixture.