- 1 pound boneless pork loin roast (cut into thin strips)
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 mashed potato mix (4-serving size packet roasted garlic)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 1/4 cups chunky salsa
- cheddar cheese (shredded)
- cilantro sprigs (chopped)
- In large saucepan combine water, milk and 1/2 cup cornmeal. Bring to boiling. Stir in potato and seasoning packets from mix; stir to mix well. Remove from heat; stir in cheese. spray 9-inch pie plate with non-stick spray; sprinkle with cornmeal. Pour potato mixture onto pie plate; spread out evenly. Spinkle with additional cornmeal. Bake in 350 degree F. oven for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook pork strips in hot oil over medium-high heat until brown, 3-5 minutes. Stir in tomatoe sauce and salsa; heat through. To serve, cut polenta into wedges; top with meat mixture. Garnish with a little shredded cheese and chopped fresh cilantro.