Saucy Pork Marsala with MushroomsPORK
Pan-fried pork chops & deeply caramelized mushrooms served smothered in a creamy marsala sauce. Enjoy this Creamy Pork Marsala with Mushrooms on its own, or pile it atop pasta, polenta, or mashed potatoes for the ultimate Italian-inspired comfort food meal. This recipe is courtesy of Plays Well With Butter.
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 boneless pork chops (about 1 1/2 pounds, pounded to 1/2-inch thickness)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- kosher salt (to season)
- ground black pepper (to season)
- 2 oz. prosciutto (thinly sliced)
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 16 oz. cremini mushrooms (baby bella, quartered)
- 1 small shallot (finely diced)
- 4 cloves garlic (finely chopped or grated)
- 10 sprigs fresh thyme (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 cup dry marsala wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Prep the pork chops: Working one at a time, place the pork chops between 2 pieces of plastic wrap or parchment paper. Use a meat mallet or rolling pin to pound the pork chops to 1/2-inch thickness. Add the flour to a shallow dish or large plate for dredging, seasoning with 1 teaspoon kosher salt & ground black pepper to taste. Dredge both sides of the pork cutlets in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess flour. Set aside. Dredging pork chop in flour on a small black plate.
- Sear the pork chops: Add the olive oil to a large, heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is shimmery & hot, carefully add the dredged pork cutlets to the skillet. Work in batches, as needed, to avoid over-crowding the pan. Sear the pork 3-4 minutes per side, until deeply browned. Transfer to a plate & set aside. Reduce the heat to medium. Browned pork chops and crispy prosciutto in a large gray Staub skillet.
- Crisp the prosciutto: Add the prosciutto to the skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, 2-3 minutes, until crisp. Transfer the prosciutto to a plate & set aside. Caramelized mushrooms garnished with fresh thyme in a large gray Staub skillet.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories710Calories from Fat370|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat370|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes