- 4 pounds pork back ribs
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice (OR apple juice)
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon orange rind (grated)
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar (firmly packed)
- Place ribs in a 4 to 5 quart dish. Add orange juice and cover. Marinate 30 to 60 minutes. Combine chili sauce, hoisin sauce, orange rind, hot sauce and brown sugar in a small bowl. Prepare a medium fire in charcoal grill or preheat one side of gas grill to medium.
- Remove ribs from dish and pat dry. Place ribs on grill and grill with indirect heat about 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until tender, brushing with sauce several times during the last 20 minutes of grilling.