Saturday BreadHoje para Jantar
- 330 milliliters water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 100 grams whole wheat flour
- 100 grams rustic bread (prepared, Nacional)
- 300 grams white flour
- 1Mix the salt and the yeast with warm water.
- 2In a bowl, add the water to the flour and mix.
- 3Knead well until you have a smooth pastry that does not stick to your fingers.
- 4While keeping the dough it in the bowl, shape the it into a ball and sprinkle with flour.
- 5Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place until it has doubled in size.
- 6One tip for figuring out if the dough has risen enough is to calculate the amount it needs to rise and then make a mark on the bowl.
- 7When the pastry reaches the mark, it has risen enough.
- 8Place the bread on a baking tray that has been lined with parchment paper and dusted with flour.
- 9Place a small cup filled with water inside the oven.
- 10Bake in a preheated oven at 400°F for 30 minutes.
- 11When the bread is done, it will sound hollow when you hit it.