- 330 milliliters water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated yeast
- 100 grams whole wheat flour
- 100 grams rustic bread (prepared, Nacional)
- 300 grams white flour
- Mix the salt and the yeast with warm water.
- In a bowl, add the water to the flour and mix.
- Knead well until you have a smooth pastry that does not stick to your fingers.
- While keeping the dough it in the bowl, shape the it into a ball and sprinkle with flour.
- Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place until it has doubled in size.
- One tip for figuring out if the dough has risen enough is to calculate the amount it needs to rise and then make a mark on the bowl.
- When the pastry reaches the mark, it has risen enough.
- Place the bread on a baking tray that has been lined with parchment paper and dusted with flour.
- Place a small cup filled with water inside the oven.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400°F for 30 minutes.
- When the bread is done, it will sound hollow when you hit it.