- 64 ounces low sodium tomato juice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 20 ounces seasoned ground turkey (Italian)
- 2 cans cannellini beans (drained and rinsed)
- 4 cups kale (cut into bite sized pieces)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons basil (dried)
- 1/2 lemon (large, juiced)
- 1/2 onion (large, diced)
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 8 tablespoons parmesan cheese (shredded)
- Brown ground turkey in skillet over medium heat until cooked through, approximately 15 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients to slow cooker and cook over low heat for 8 hours.
- Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.