Cod cakes are a true delicacy. In this version, fresh cod is flaked with a fork, then added to a simple batter seasoned with paprika and fresh parsley. The batter should be similar to a dense pancake batter, so you may need to add more milk if it is too thick. For the crispiest crust, heat the oil until it is almost smoking before ladleing in the portions, being careful not to overcrowd theh pan.
- 1 can sardines (in oil)
- 1/2 onions (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- salt (to taste)
- fresh chives (to taste)
- Drain the oil from the can and remove the sardine bones.
- Use a fork to mash the sardines a bit.
- Add the onion, yogurt, lemon juice, mustard and salt. Mix well until a paste forms.
- Refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with chopped fresh chives.