- 3 1/2 ounces rice vermicelli
- 8 sheets rice paper
- 8 sardine fillets (canned, drained)
- 2 carrots (peeled and grated)
- 1 1/2 cups bean sprouts
- 4 sprigs fresh mint (chopped)
- 8 leaves iceberg lettuce
- 1/3 cup nuoc mâm (Vietnamese fish sauce)
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain then rinse under cold water.
- Soak rice paper in cold water for 30 seconds then lay on a damp tea towel. Top each sheet with 1 sardine then distribute pasta, carrots, bean sprouts and mint between sheets. Roll up, tucking in the ends. Roll each in a lettuce leaf and tie with butcher's twine. Serve with fish sauce.