Once in a while you will find a recipe that stands the test of time for decadence and pure bliss. This recipe for Sardine Pate is one to keep on hand for any holiday, special occasion or celebration. With the richness and delicious taste, this recipe is full of flavor. it is a little bit of heaven in each bite. The hardest part of this delicious recipe, is deciding who will get to enjoy the other corners with you. Make a batch this weekend.
- 1 onion (large, julienne-cut)
- 300 grams sardines (fresh)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- cayenne (optional)
- ground black pepper
- extra-virgin olive oil
- Fry onion in extra virgin olive oil in a skillet.
- Add the sardines and cook until they reach the desired doneness (depends on size).
- Take out the sardines and remove the skin and the bones.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sardines, cooked onion, tomato paste, port, and a bit of paprika. Add cayenne if desired.
- Check the salt and pepper and whisk until obtaining a smooth texture.
- The pate must be used from one day to the next (at the most two days).
- Keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to five days or freeze. If frozen, thaw at room temperature 3 hours before eating.