Santi Santamaria’s Sausage DooughnutsEl invitado de invierno
Crisp, golden, and fried, these savory Santi Santamaria's Sausage Doughnuts make a delicious snack or a tasty addition to the dinner table. Featuring a fluffy potato dough, these doughnuts are filled with a savory mixture of sausage, pork, and pine nuts. You can fry these delicious doughnuts in a fryer or in a skillet with vegetable oil. This recipe uses blood sausage, but you can always substitute with another variety of sausage if you prefer.
- 200 grams blood sausage
- 120 grams pork tenderloin (finely diced)
- 2 ounces pinenuts
- 200 grams flour
- 25 grams instant potato flakes
- 15 grams baking powder
- 10 grams sugar
- 5 grams salt
- 45 milliliters vegetable oil
- 250 milliliters water
- 1Remove the casing from the blood sausage and mix the filling in a bowl along with the pork tenderloin.
- 2Add in the pine nuts and a pinch of salt.
- 3In another bowl, whisk together the flour, potato flakes, baking powder, sugar, salt, and oil.
- 4Stream in the water while still whisking until a thick batter forms. Let rest 20 minutes.
- 5Using 2 teaspoons, scoop out nut-size portions of filling and set them aside.
- 6Heat up a skillet of vegetable oil or if using a fryer, heat up to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 7Put the sausage balls into the batter, rolling them until completely coated. Then, transfer them into the hot oil to fry.
- 8Drain the finished doughnuts on paper towels and serve hot.
PER SERVING *
|Calories100Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.