Southwestern flavors of this country pate giver your appetizer table a contemporary note. Serve with your favorite salsa or guacamole for topping servings of pate.
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup onions (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno chilies (minced*)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add onion, jalapeno and garlic; sauté until tender, about 4 minutes. Add pork, cook until no longer pink, stirring to crumble. Drain; add cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. Remove mixture to bowl of food processor, add remaining ingredients and process until smooth, scraping sides of processor once. Serve chilled or at room temperature with crackers.