- 1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 red bell pepper (medium, cored and seeded)
- 1 jalapeño pepper (cored and seeded)
- 2 green onions (snipped)
- 2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese (block)
- 2 ounces monterey jack cheese (block of)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 25 egg roll wrappers
- oil (for frying)
- Place the shredding disc into the work bowl of the KitchenAid® Pro Line® 16 cup Food Processor and use the medium food pusher to shred the cheddar and monterey jack cheeses. Remove the shredding disc. Use the spatula to move the cheese away from the center of the bowl and attach the multipurpose blade, pushing to lock.
- Add in the black beans, corn, red pepper, jalapeño, green onions, salt, and Srichacha. Pulse 20 times or until mixture is rough chopped and mixed well.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and fill a small bowl with water. Lay egg roll wrappers on the baking sheet and place 1 tablespoon of the black bean mixture in a line near the bottom of each wrapper. Lightly wet the edges of the wrappers with fingertips and carefully fold the sides of each in towards the middle. Roll up and seal tightly.
- Heat 1/2 inch of oil in a large sauté pan to 375 degrees. Fry the egg rolls in batches, 2-3 minutes on each side, or until brown and crispy. Place cooked egg rolls onto a plate lined with paper towel to absorb the oil. Egg rolls with crisp up further while sitting. Serve with sour cream.
- Tip: If you do not have a thermometer, test the oil by dropping in a tiny bit of filling. If the oil bubbles right away it is ready