- 4 pounds pork loin roast (boneless)
- 8 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons thyme (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons oregano (crushed)
- In large saucepan, heat all ingredients EXCEPT pork loin to boiling, stirring to dissolve ground spices and mix cure ingredients thoroughly. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Place pork loin in glass container large enough to immerse roast in cure solution, cover and refrigerate 2-4 days OR place roast in 2-gallon self-sealing plastic bag and pour cure solution over; seal bag and place in large bowl, refrigerate 2-4 days.
- Remove pork roast from cure, discarding cure solution. Pat pork gently dry with paper towels. Prepare covered grill with banked coals heated to medium-hot. Place roast over drip pan and cook over indirect heat for 60-90 minutes (20 minutes per pound), until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove roast from heat; let rest 10 minutes. Slice to serve.