- 6 New York pork chops (1 1/2-inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 jalapeno chilies (seeded and minced*)
- 20 ounces pineapple (tidbits, drained)
- 1 cucumber (medium, diced)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- In small bowl mix together chili powder, cumin, pepper and salt. Rub evenly onto both sides of chops. Prepare a medium-hot fire in a kettle-style grill. Grill chops directly over fire for a total of 12-16 minutes, turning once, until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time. Serve with Firecracker Salsa.
- Firecracker Salsa: In small bowl stir together pineapple tidbits, diced cucumber, lime juice, brown sugar, salt and jalapeno chile (*Wear rubber gloves when handling hot chile). Cover and refrigerate 4-24 hours to allow flavors to blend.