Broiled or grilled, these kabobs threaded with fresh fruit are terrific. Serve with rice pilaf and dinner rolls.
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin (2 whole)
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ginger root (minced)
- 3 peaches (fresh, cut in 1-inch slices)
- 3 plums (fresh, cut in 1-inch slices)
- 2 cups fresh pineapple (cubed)
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- Slice pork tenderloins in half lengthwise; slice crosswise into 1-inch cubes. Thread pork cubes onto 6 skewers*; place on broiler pan. Brush with combined pineapple juice, sherry, soy sauce, brown sugar and ginger root. Broil 5 inches from heat for 8-10 minutes, turning once. Combine fruit and remaining pineapple juice mixture in skillet; bring to boil, lower heat and simmer for five minutes. Serve pork kabobs with fruit on hot rice.