San Francisco Salad with Pepper Mint InfusionO Meu Tempero
What makes this salad evocative of San Francisco? The colorful combination of chicken, red and orange bell pepper, watercress, and mango, with cheese and couscous rounding out the components. The couscous is infused with the flavor of spearmint tea and also topped with a vibrant paste made by grinding together fresh cilantro, red chili pepper, and spinach, and more cilantro is sprinkled on top of the salad just before serving.
- 1 chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- olive oil (to taste)
- 1/2 red pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 orange bell pepper (chopped)
- 150 grams couscous
- 1 teaspoon teas (spearmint)
- 200 milliliters water
- 1/2 bunch coriander (leave some for garnish)
- 1 red chili peppers
- 100 grams spinach leaves
- 1 mango
- 50 grams watercress
- 50 grams Ilha Azul Cheese (or similar cured cheese, cubed)
- 1Season the chicken breast with paprika, salt, and pepper.
- 2Beat the chicken lightly with a rolling pin to thin out.
- 3Heat a little olive oil in a skillet, and fry the chicken.
- 4Half-way through cooking, add red and orange pepper, and continue cooking until the chicken is done.
- 5Slice the chicken breast.
- 6Place the couscous in a bowl.
- 7Mix the tea with boiling water and stir.
- 8Let the tea steep for 5 minutes.
- 9After five minutes, pour the tea in the bowl with the couscous.
- 10All the liquid should be absorbed.
- 11Separate the couscous grains with a fork.
- 12In a food processor grind the coriander, chili, and spinach.
- 13Peel the mango and dice.
- 14Place the couscous in a large serving platter, add the coriander mix on top, and season with olive oil.
- 15Spread the chicken on top evenly.
- 16Add watercress, cooked peppers, mango, and cheese.
- 17Add the watercress, peppers, mango, chicken, and cheese.
- 18Garnish with coriander leaves.
- 19Season with olive oil.